Netflix is the new norm in the industry. Unlike the cable TV networks, and other streaming options available in the market, Netflix offers a wide range of genres with outstanding picture quality.
On top of that, you need to only pay a monthly subscription fee to enjoy all the content.
Things start getting frustrating when all of your fellows are enjoying netflix on their TV, and you are still stuck with old-fashioned cable TV.
But wait, what if you do not have Netflix on your non-smart ?
The good news here is that you can still watch netflix on your non-smart TV.
In this blog post, we will show you how you can get Netflix on your non-smart TV.
7 Different Ways for Watching Netflix on Your Non-Smart TV
Well, there are a bunch of methods, and tricks that you can use to watch Netflix. However, we will only show you the most cost efficient, and effective ways to view netflix content on your non-smart TV.
Using Google Chromecast
Google Chromecast is a device that allows you to mirror your mobile phone, and laptop directly onto the big-screen. The installation of this device is also super-easy and straightforward.
Moreover, it also has a very competitive price, that makes it a lucrative choice for people seeking an affordable solution.
The installation and setup process of the Chromecast is also super-easy and straightforward.
- First of all, you need to plug-in the Chromecast device into one of the HDMI ports on your TV.
- After you have plugged-in the device into the TV, tune it to the HDMI mode, and then it will show you a setup process.
- Pass through the setup process.
- Now, install the Google Chromecast application on your mobile or laptop device.
- Connect it to your account.
- Now, go to the Netflix application, and you will now see a new screen mirroring option on the top-right side of the application.
Roku is another outstanding option that you can use to get Netflix on your non-smart TV. In fact, it’s one of the most popular streaming options available right now.
With the choice of over 3000 streaming channels, and the built-in Netflix application, you always have something to watch.
In addition to Netflix, it also supports HBO, Amazon Prime, and Youtube to name a few.
Setting-up the Rokuis not as simple as the Chromecast, still it’s a no-brainer. It easily connects to the home WIFI network.
Also, there are some models that support the ethernet cable (to avoid buffering).
- Firstlly, you need to switch off both your TV, and the Roku device.
- Put the power-plug of the Roku into the power-socket of your home.
- Now, attach one end of the HDMI cable to the TV, and the other end of the HDMI cable to the Roku (you have to separately buy an HDMI cable).
- Pass the setup wizard.
- Tune to the HDMI input, and bang, you are there.
Related Post: Difference between Smart TV And Normal TV
Using Amazon Fire Stick
Amazon’s Fire Stick is another option that you have got to enjoy Netflix on your non-smart TV. In addition to Netflix, it comes with a wide range of apps like Youtube, Amazon Prime etc.
Also, Amazon Fire Stick comes with a remote that has a voice command feature.
With the Alexa voice command feature, you can swiftly shift the streaming channel, even without touching the remote.
- Connect the Fire Stick to the TV using an HDMI
- Tune to the HDMI input from the input source.
- Pass through the setup wizard.
- Now, open the home screen, and search for the Netflix application.
Using Apple TV
If you are an avid Apple user and stuck in the Apple EcoSystem, then this streaming device might be the best option for your needs, as it works seamlessly with the IOS devices.
For other users, it might not be the most lucrative choice, but for the IOS and Mac users, it’s perhaps the best fit.
- Connect the Apple TV to the non-smart TV using the HDMI
- Select the Apple TV input using the HDMI input option.
- Operate the Apple TV app using the provided remote.
- Search around for the Netflix app, and you are good to go.
Related Post: Smart TV vs LED TV
Using Gaming Console / Blu-ray Player
If you are not willing to spend any money on a streaming device and have a Blu-ray player or gaming console laying around, there is great news for you.
You can use this gaming console or Blu-ray player to stream your favorite Netflix content quite easily.
For the Blu-ray players, there are varying manufacturers, and different OS, you will have to figure out the Netflix access by following the instructions of the manufacturer, usually, they have put these instructions on their website.
And, we will discuss how you can access Netflix through different gaming consoles right here.
- Firstly, you need to push the Playstation Home Screen button on the centre of your playstation’s controller.
- It will take you to a menu, select TV & Video from the menu.
- Now, you will see the option for Netflix, select it.
Xbox One & 360
- Firstly, you need to browse to the Xbox’s App Store.
- Now, search for the Netflix app.
- Download it from the store, and bang, you are good to go now.
You can also use your laptop to watch Netflix shows on TV. All you need is an active internet connection and an HDMI cable.
Casting your Netflix screen on the TV is also very simple and straightforward.
Here are the simple easy to follow steps that you can follow to watch Netflix.
- First and foremost, you will require an active internet connection , and a working HDMI cable.
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the laptop’s port, and the other end to the TV’s HDMI input.
- Select the input type to HDMI from the source settings.
- Open the Netflix app on your laptop, and now you will see Netflix streaming on the big screen.
Related Post: 4K Smart TV Buying Guide
Using Mobile Phone
Last but not the least, you can also stream Netflix shows directly from your mobile phone using Mobile Jack-HDMI cable.
Streaming Netflix from your phone may not be the most convenient option, but it is surely the most affordable option on our list, as you would only require an extra cable, and nothing else.
- Get the right type of cable according to the type of device you have, as it differs from device to device.
- Connect one end of the cable to the mobile phone’s charging port, and the other end to the HDMI port of the TV.
- Select the input type to HDMI from the source.
- Now, open the Netflix app, and you will see your phone mirrored in the TV.
No doubt, Netflix is one of the most popular streaming networks on the face of the planet. Netflix provides you with unlimited content with a one-time monthly subscription fee.
However, you cannot watch Netflix on the older non-smart TVs directly.
In this blogpost, we showed you how you can watch your favorite Netflix content, right on the big screen.
If you are having a hard-time watching Netflix, tell us in the comments below.
We would love to figure out the problems for you.