Smart TVs have allowed us to stream our favorite shows on a large screen. Plenty of streaming devices are available in the market, such as Chromecast, Apple TV, Roku streaming device, and more, but you will have to spend more money to buy those streaming devices.
Who doesn’t want to have free access to their favorite shows and movies? Most Smart TVs come with online applications such as Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hotstar that you can use to watch the content.
But if you want to expand your streaming capacity, then Plex is a streaming service you can download on your television.
What is Plex, And How Does it Work?
Plex is a source program that allows you to stream content on your local home network if you have a proper server built on your computer television or any other device on which you want to watch the content.
Plex is considered a significant rival of Kodi, another streaming source program that several people worldwide use. Both the streaming services have their advantages, but Kodi has the upper hand when compared with Plex.
But the latter works great if you have an excellent digital library built on your home network. If you want to get Plex on your Samsung Smart TV and have no idea how to do that, check the steps mentioned below.
How To Get Plex on Samsung Smart TV?
Luckily most of the new Samsung models starting from 2016 are compatible with Plex. If your Samsung television is compatible with this program, you will install it on TV conveniently.
But if you have an older version that does not support Plex, you can use the Samsung Smart hub application to install it only if it is compatible with the program. Let’s look at the steps you have to follow to install Plex on your Samsung Smart TV.
Steps to follow:
- Before starting with the steps, make sure that your Samsung Smart TV is connected to the internet because it will be required for the installation process.
- Step go to the Samsung App Store if you have a newer model of Samsung TV but if you have an older version, go to Smart Hub Store. If you haven’t signed in, then make sure you do it for the further steps.
- In the next step, all you have to do is type Plex on the search bar and then search for the application.
- When the application appears on the screen, tap on the install button and wait for your television to install the application.
- Now make sure that your Plex media server is switched on because the application will browse the library from there only.
- Now go to the application installed in the television and log in with the similar credentials that you have in your Plex media server.
- When you log in with the same credential, the library you have created in the server will automatically come into the application, and you will be able to browse and watch the content on your Samsung Smart TV.
Related Post: How to Stream Stream VLC to Samsung Smart TV
We hope that this article was helpful for you in understanding the functioning of Plex and how you can install it on your Samsung Smart TV.
Plex allows you to stream a variety of content. Therefore, it is so popular nowadays, and luckily you can install the application in most Samsung Smart TV models.